Sunday, April 21, 2013

Real- life yoga for moms



Hi, I'm Greta, and I LOVE yoga. Of the many different exercise classes I've participated in over the years, yoga is the keeper. With the benefits including flexibility, strength, balance, and, most importantly, inner peace, you can't go wrong. And the great thing is, no special equipment is needed! I can do it all using my own body. A yoga mat is nice to have, and I've been using the same two mats for the past 10 years.





I've led a yoga class at my church for several years now. I've gained so much more than I thought possible. One of the bonuses has been having great friends to do yoga with. Here's my friend, Tani, making her way into half- moon pose.





What do you do when you have little kids and no one to babysit while you exercise? Bring them with you! Having my kids with me during yoga has been a unique experience. It's unlike any yoga class I've ever been to. I've learned much patience, and how to tune out the outer chaos and tune into the inner peace. Here are my friend Sidney and I are focusing on our squats, while my son, Noah, provides some entertainment. :)





Complete Surrender! Amidst the goldfish crackers, toys, and scattered belongings, there is still calm. Final relaxation, or corpse pose, can get a bit tricky at times, but I've found that it is the ultimate time to relax and enjoy regardless of the noise around me. The best is when I have a kid or two come and snuggle with me during final relaxion. That's vastly more rewarding than any health club yoga experience.





If you're a mom to your own kids or others, join us! Or, bring your spouse for Saturday morning Couples Anti- Nursing home yoga. :)  Namaste.


(Photos taken by Emmy Ward, age 7, with Sidney's camera.)

"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm." -Mark 4:39

1 comment: